$58,006 to $62,414 per annum (pro rate per annum for part time position) based on skills and experience plus superannuation
Recruitment and Field Officers
Employer: Brotherhood of St Laurence
Type: Full Time Sector: Not-for-Profit & Community Organisations
- 1 Full time position (12 months contract)
- 1 Part time position at 22.8 hours a week (12 months contract)
A fantastic opportunity to empower and inspire jobseekers to gain and keep sustainable employment in Flemington as part of both the Given the Chance for Asylum Seekers, and the Given the Chance Jobs Victoria Employment Network (JVEN) programs.
In partnership with Flemington Community Centre and the Huddle Youth Program at North Melbourne Football Club, the Given the Chance team will facilitate direct access to jobs, training and in-work support, as well as assistance to overcome non vocational barriers to participation. This role is critical to recruit, and ensure retained job outcomes, for refugees/asylum seekers, mature aged jobseekers, people with a disability and long term unemployed as well as those in social housing arrangements.
Main responsibilities of the role:
The Recruitment and Field Officer works with disadvantaged jobseekers to support them into sustainable employment through preparation job placement and post-placement support. This position works as part of a team to achieve outcomes for Given the Chance programs.
To meet the selection criteria, candidates will require:
- A track record of successfully supporting disadvantaged jobseekers into sustainable employment, through the effective provision of pre-employment skills building, vocational guidance and social support.
- Experience working with stakeholders in the employment, training or social services to ensure coordinated support and effective collaboration.
- Experience supporting candidates to adjust in the workplace and keep their employment where possible.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to build professionally supportive relationships with a broad range of jobseekers with diverse or complex backgrounds.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work independently and as an effective team member to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated competency in the use of client record management systems to record client information and outcomes, Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook programs.
- Understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood.
We currently have two positions available:
- Full time, 12 months maximum term position, working 38 hours a week
- Part time, 12 months maximum term position, working 22.8 hours a week
Salary will be in the range of $58,006 to $62,414.04 per annum (pro rate per annum for part time position) based on skills and experience plus superannuation. Attractive salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.
A copy of the position description can be downloaded at https://www.bsl.org.au/about/careers/jobs/recruitment-field-officer/. For further information about the role phone Gabrielle Hughes on 0419 950 679.
How To Apply
Applicants are required to submit a resume and complete the screening questionnaire. Applicants who do not complete the screening questionnaire will not be considered for shortlisting.
Email written applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on: Wednesday, 27 September 2017 at 5pm
The Brotherhood of St Laurence has a vision of an Australia free of Poverty. We embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation and gender identity to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we work within. We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people. We embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contribution to our organisation. Applicants should be aware that as required, we conduct police and working with children checks as we acknowledge the importance of Child Safety.
Deadline: 27/09/2017 Contact: Gabrielle Hughes Email: email@example.com Phone: 0419 950 679