Area of Expertise Being Sought:
Administration & Office Support, Fundraising, Marketing & Communications, computer skills, event management, media and communication.
Payment: Nil - honorary role
Annual Budget: $3-35,000 ) Bi annually we hold a national conference
Number of Paid Staff: nil
Number of Volunteers: 7-15
Community Segment: Health Support and Advocacy
Current Board Size: 7
Board Meetings (frequency): Monthly
Board Meetings Held: Online meetings at night, some daytime phone or online subcommittee meetings
State where Board Meetings Held: Nationally
Travel: Would need to travel interstate at least once a year
Further information about this vacancy:
Lipoedema Australia (LA) has been established almost 7 years and is the peak national body for Lipoedema. We are dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by Lipoedema through education, advocacy and support. We are a patient lead and managed charity.
As the peak body for lipoedema in Australia we aim to:
- a) Promote the prevention of and control of Lipoedema.
- b) Improve the lives of sufferers of Lipoedema by providing them with education, support and information.
- c) Direct and support lipoedema research and medical recognition of lipoedema.
- d) Develop a comprehensive treatment and management plan for lipoedema and ultimately find a cure for Lipoedema.
- e) Advocate for Lipoedema awareness in the public, medical and political arenas
- Undertaking lobbying, fundraising and media activities
- Producing and distributing promotional and educational material regarding lipoedema
- f) Apply the income and property of the company solely to promote those purposes.
What do we want?
Our organisation is small but fast growing and is about to enter its seventh year. We are looking for new people to join our board in hands-on roles at this exciting stage of our development.
It is an extraordinary opportunity for individuals who are passionate about supporting and volunteering with a fast-growing grassroots patient lead National Peak Organisation and Charity for lipoedema whom has already been instrumental in instigating significant changes for lipoedema patients in in Australia.
The Board is particularly interested in building its diversity and recruiting three new members with either one or more of the following key attributes;
- strong administration skills,
- strong skills in various computer programs
- conference or event management experience
- fundraising skills
- Media and/ or communications skills
- Skilled communicator
Candidates should also possess the following essential criteria:
- demonstrated understanding of lipoedema and best practice care for lipoedema patients
- personal qualities of integrity, loyalty, credibility and a passion for improving the lives of Australians with lipoedema
- community committee or board experience, an understanding of board responsibilities and be able to sit on an Australian Board for a National Charity.
- good written skills, articulate and able to speak publicly
- extensive computer skills
- social media savvy
- time management skills
- ability and willingness to be a team player
- ability to lead a sub committee
The current Board consists of the Chairperson, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, Secretary and three ordinary members, and we wish to add to the board by adding two more positions and fill a vacancy. There are 3 positions available in total. This will bring the total Board numbers to 9.
How to apply
Applications should be emailed to Nola Young, Chairperson, Lipoedema Australia
email@example.com and should include the following:
- Cover email, including
- a) brief statement about why you would like to join the Board of Lipoedema Australia
- b) describe briefly how you meet one or more of the key attributes
- c) describe briefly how you meet the essential criteria
- c) name and contacts of two referees
Please attach your resume, ensure you include contact details.
- Other Information
Positions are appointed on a voluntary basis and interviews will be held prior to appointments.
Lipoedema Australia has an induction process for all new Board members and volunteers. Given that Lipoedema Australia is “hands on “Board, and we are growing at a rapid rate there is Probationary Period of 3 months.
The position descriptions are available on our website at www.lipoedemaaustralia.com.au
For further information please contact: Nola Young, Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Receiving applications now: Final applications COB 31st January 2019
Role: General Board Member
Area of Expertise Being Sought: The skills and experience on the Board are under regular review to support our planning objectives. The current target areas for Board recruitment exist in administration, computer skills, event management, fundraising, media and communication. Targeting: Not supplied
Payment: Nil - honorary role
Once you have filled in the following form, your details will be emailed directly to Lipoedema Australia. They will contact you on the telephone number and/or email address you provide. We will not disclose your details to anyone apart from the recruiting organisation.
By filling in this form you acknowledge and agree to Our Community's privacy statement.
Good luck with your search!